27 years of advocating for justice, celebrating diversity, and promoting understanding!
Milwaukee Muslim Women's Coalition
In 1994, Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition (MMWC) began as a local resource organization dedicated to promoting an accurate understanding of Islam and Muslim women. Our mission is to lead positive community change through advocacy, dialogue, education, using faith-based values to ensure dignity and equity for all.
The MMWC provides educational materials and resources to promote understanding to schools, universities, businesses, law enforcement agencies, healthcare centers, religious establishments, community organizations and the media.
Our reach has expanded to include leadership and job training programs for women and girls. We empower women to be economically secure, strengthen their family relationships, and realize their value in community and country. We envision world in which all women can reach their fullest potential.
- in upholding the dignity of every human being.
- diversity in race, gender, ethnicity and ideology is a source of strength for our country.
- the civil rights of all Americans must be protected regardless of faith.
- in building relations and establishing dialogue with individuals and institutions that advocate for justice and human rights.
- most prejudice and hatred are a result of ignorance.
- that racial violence and systemic oppression is a stain on our nation and our conscience and this must end.
- we must work to uplift the voices and experiences of people of color and we must be part of the change that needs to happen in our country and our world.
- that we must continue to be an organization where our staff and board are almost entirely people of color, a true representation of the American Muslim community.
Follow us and stay up-to-date
Visit our lending library, join our book club, attend a presentation, or participate in one of our many events. You can also just drop in for coffee and to chat!