Milwaukee Muslim Women's Coalition
Advocating for justice, celebrating diversity, and promoting understanding for over 25 years!
Welcome to MMWC
Making a Difference for over 25 years!
Founded in 1994, MMWC began as a local outreach organization dedicated to promoting an accurate understanding of Islam and Muslim women.
- in upholding the dignity of every human being.
- diversity in race, gender, ethnicity and ideology is a source of strength for our country.
- the civil rights of all Americans must be protected regardless of faith.
- in building relations and establishing dialogue with individuals and institutions that advocate for justice and human rights.
- most prejudice and hatred are a result of ignorance.
- that racial violence and systemic oppression is a stain on our nation and our conscience and this must end.
- we must work to uplift the voices and experiences of people of color and we must be part of the change that needs to happen in our country and our world.
- that we must continue to be an organization where our staff and board are almost entirely people of color, a true representation of the American Muslim community.
Follow us and stay up-to-date
Visit our lending library, join our book club, attend a presentation, or participate in one of our many events. You can also just drop in for coffee and to chat!